- Assists Community Manager with move-ins, move-outs, annual inspections, purchase of supplies, and equipment
- Prepares vacant units for re-occupancy. Units are required to be completely turned for new move-ins within 3-6 days after a resident vacates
- Maintains inventory control of all maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies
- Assists with the custodial work (laundry rooms, rest rooms, recreation centers, offices, hallways, sweeping, vacuuming, moping, and cleaning windows)
- Assures all required work orders are accurately completed and stored in apartment unit files with periodic and routine grounds activity
- Ensures landscape and irrigation systems are maintained, storage areas, entrances are clean, maintain adequate lighting throughout the property according to MidPen standards and contract specifications
- Schedules work order requests according to maintenance priorities
- Assists Community Manager with coordination of the bidding process, including scheduling and monitoring work performed by contractors
- Secures all utility routing and cut-offs, including shop, storage, and equipment
- Coaches and provides oversight to the Maintenance Groundskeeper
- Performs other assignments as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED and three years’ experience with maintenance, landscaping and irrigation systems; preferably within the field of property management, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in electrical repairs (appliances, circuits and fixtures)
- Extensive Plumbing Knowledge
- Basic computer skills
- Rough and finish carpentry experience
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance policy
- This position is considered moderately to highly physical and requires a lot of standing, bending, lifting and walking
- Able to stoop, kneel, carry, push and pull, ascend / descend stairs, climb on ladders, climb on roofs, and crawl in confined spaces on a regular basis
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Works in all types of weather inside and outside
- Respond to emergency calls at night or on weekends
- Wears protective safety equipment and clothing as needed
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, MidPen Housing Corp. will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.