Sr. Technical Customer Service Specialist
The AWS Customer Service team provides support to a wide range of external customers helping them understand the benefits and capabilities of the AWS’s Cloud Computing Services.
This team focuses on assisting customers with account and billing related inquiries, and interfaces with internal Amazon organizations to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
As a Senior Technical Customer Service Representative, you'll engage with Enterprise customers, providing Subject Matter Expert level training, escalation support and deep dive analysis.
You will address their most impactful billing and account issues by driving scalable and long-term solutions for their successful financial cloud journey.
You will facilitate cross functional stakeholder meetings with AWS Enterprise teams including Technical Account Managers, Sales and Solution Architects.
You will use your expertise to identify continuous improvement opportunities, program manage Enterprise offerings, and leverage the Voice of the Customer to drive global strategic solutions.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to :
- Building close relationships with your customers to understand their business / operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS
- Resolving high severity and visibility emerging issues such as executive escalations and AWS organization billing related matters
- Process Accounts and Billing related customer cases through case management, email, chat and phone tools
- Guiding and introducing new customers to the AWS platform
- Evaluating requests such as multi-account recovery and access management, large architecture cost optimization, reserved instance analysis and others
- Analyzing customer usage patterns and recommending the right methods for cost-effective service operations
- Providing onsite customer support and / or handling critical conference calls with customers and support teams
- Driving projects that improve customer interactions with AWS account and billing information
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assisting with Enterprise customer communication during AWS critical launches and support events
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about AWS specific product and features
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally.
We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 4+ years of technical experience working with computer systems and technology components
- 4+ years of Customer Service and / or Account Management supporting customers in multiple technology domains
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, including functions and formulas.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in English both written and spoken
- BS / BA degree and / or combination of related experience plus certifications
- Program management experience with ability to successfully balance multiple projects
- Experience communicating with a diverse audience, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
- SQL and / or other relational database experience
- Expert fluency with Web Technologies and the Internet.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based computing and storage concepts
- Lean Six Sigma or other project management certification
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and / or Solutions Architect Certification