Senior Digital Designer
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Digital Designer in the Design Studios team, you will be working closely with a team of digital designers and supporting them on digital design projects.
You will implement design specifications, define timelines, and help to create and design digital interfaces, GUIs, and digital content for various digital media such as websites, microsites, apps (for iOS and Android), social media content, and other digital interactive content in compliance with BCG standards and guidelines.
You’ll leverage existing microsite templates and apply concepts of good UI / UX to make user-friendly sites and bring the latest website design, technical, and system trends into the design of websites and app layouts.
You will support all design decisions with creative, strategic, and / or business reasoning. You will be in charge of medium-sized and large projects together with the Project Manager and Designers, and you’ll proactively conduct ideation and brainstorming sessions to capture the business challenges, set timelines, and solve problems.
You will mentor and support other Designers in the digital design space and work closely with creatives from all verticals (e.
g., Digital and Design) to an agreed brief to inject strategic considerations into each step of a client initiative and make conceptual decisions in compliance with BCG standards.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You have experience designing client-specific websites using available content management systems such as WordPress along with other common web technologies.
- You’re skilled at optimizing architecture, interactions, and hierarchy of content following the user-centered design (UCD) principles.
- You’re able to execute complex and ambiguous briefs and pitch creative concepts, demonstrating lateral thinking and ideation.
- You ensure a consistent approach to design, selecting photographs, and creating icons and graphics.
- You have a solid problem-solving orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team- and customer-oriented environment.
- You have a sharp eye for layout design and an awareness of design trends.
- You’re able to develop projects from creative concept to final deliverable in traditional and new media (augmented / virtual reality, social media, etc.).
- You’re eager to mentor junior team members, provide innovative thinking to the digital team, and work closely with the Digital Lead on the development and implementation of trainings.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- You have a bachelor's or similar degree in graphics and web content design or a related field (design school preferred).
- You have four to six years of experience in a professional services environment, design start-up, or design agency.
- You have excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Azure, InVision, Adobe XD, Sketch, and other common prototyping and digital design tools.
- You’ve designed for WordPress and other web platforms.
- You have an excellent grasp of color theory and an in-depth understanding of typography and UX design principles.
- You’ve built a strong portfolio.
- You have excellent English language skills; other languages may be requested in certain locations.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG’s marketing team drives the firm’s reputation as a thought leader. We work to strengthen and protect BCG’s brand, advance our business agenda, and partner with management to engage with our key audiences through tools such as global thought-leadership publications, public relations, alumni outreach, recruitment marketing, and social media.
As BCG Design Studios, we are fresh, punchy, and playful, while committed to delivering premium business excellence. We recognize how to transform complex ideas into compelling visual experiences, and how to activate new commercial opportunities at the intersection of business and design.
We value innovation, co-creation, inspiration, and the business impact that design achieves. We believe in the art of the possible and applying creative solutions to business challenges.
We believe we can advance the world by conquering its complexity through a universal human language design.
WHO WE ARE
We are Design Studios, an in-house creative agency comprised of cutting-edge professionals creating premium designs. We are a global, multi-disciplinary team of design strategists, creative leaders, and digital experts.
We craft powerful design stories for BCG, which seeks to deliver inspiring solutions to our clients’ challenges. As part of BCG, Design Studios partners with consultants and clients to shape our brand by elevating our work through the power of design.
We offer guidance and orientation through a strategic and audience-centric approach, and apply design, technology, and media solutions to take BCG’s achievements to the next level.
We’re creating a new creative team in our new Costa Rican BCG office. This is an opportunity to be part of the pioneering first wave of the team, helping create the local flavour of the Design Studios Culture.
You will be closely collaborating with our wider regional team across central and north America. As well as engaging with the global Design Studios team world-wide.
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society.
As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next.
We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Knowledge BCG consists of the Knowledge Team (KT), Data & Research Services (DRS) and Knowledge & Collaboration Solution (KCS).
KT is a group of experts within respective fields or areas providing industry, functional and geographic expertise to consulting teams.
KT members are aligned to Practice Areas, sometimes serving as members of case or project teams. KT offers insight into a topic or function derived from BCG’s knowledge base and case / project experience.
The members of our DRS team work alongside consulting team colleagues to bring advanced research capabilities to support projects and clients.
KCS team is a cross-functional team equipping BCGers with internal and external knowledge resources and digital collaboration tools, enabling them to work smarter and with increased productivity