Lead - Project Management
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Lead Project Management in the Design Studios team, you will be a strategic thinker and visionary leader who understands people, design, business, and technology and is able to combine them all to propose solutions tailored to the project’s needs.
You will collaborate closely with your colleagues, requesters, and internal departments, overseeing and managing incoming requests received through the Design Studios internal project management tool.
You will work on multiple projects in parallel and lead projects with an international team where necessary. You’ll pair with a team of creative specialists from multiple dimensions, establishing the frameworks and vision that will guide the outcome for new experiences, all while building deep stakeholder relationships.
During the project you will be in charge of all operational tasks such as managing internal and external resources, monitoring deadlines and iterations, organizing vendors, and checking invoices.
You’ll also negotiate and monitor deadlines, oversee the weekly DS metrics reporting, and coordinate and plan the capacities of the PM team.
You’ll be responsible for independently carrying out administrative tasks in close coordination with the Operations Manager and driving our quality assurance process, including providing feedback to the relevant line manager.
Your tasks will also include coordinating meetings such as client meetings and scoping calls, creating and updating manuals for the PMs, and managing communication among PMs, as well as developing and implementing trainings, holding meetings, brainstorming sessions, and sprints, and managing project timelines in collaboration with Design Studio Managers.
As a PM Lead, you will guide Project Management Specialists in the team, providing guidance, direction, upskilling, and support throughout their career development.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You have a strong ability to set the process for client and stakeholder expectations.
- You enjoy collaborating with teams to establish, streamline, and reengineer current processes and operating models.
- Your excellent problem-solving and good prioritization skills enable you to work effectively in a fast-paced, team- and client-oriented environment.
- You have a knack for leading and mentoring colleagues and freelancers and managing vendors while communicating effectively, even under stressful circumstances.
- You’re a dynamic, persuasive presenter with strong experience in speaking publicly.
- You have excellent multitasking and organizational skills.
- You have a strong affinity for technology and keep up with current trends in traditional and new media (augmented / virtual reality, social media, etc).
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- You have a bachelor's or similar degree, preferably in graphic design, project management, marketing, or a related field.
- You have at least six years of experience in a professional services environment, design start-up, or design agency.
- Your work is characterized by high accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Your excellent interpersonal skills allow you to work independently with senior and global BCG members and peers.
- You have excellent project management skills and are an expert on relevant tools and methodologies.
- You’ve acquired extensive knowledge in the area of print, digital, video, presentations, etc.
- You have excellent English language skills; other languages may be requested in certain locations.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG’s marketing team drives the firm’s reputation as a thought leader. We work to strengthen and protect BCG’s brand, advance our business agenda, and partner with management to engage with our key audiences through tools such as global thought-leadership publications, public relations, alumni outreach, recruitment marketing, and social media.
As BCG Design Studios, we are fresh, punchy, and playful, while committed to delivering premium business excellence. We recognize how to transform complex ideas into compelling visual experiences, and how to activate new commercial opportunities at the intersection of business and design.
We value innovation, co-creation, inspiration, and the business impact that design achieves. We believe in the art of the possible and applying creative solutions to business challenges.
We believe we can advance the world by conquering its complexity through a universal human language design.
WHO WE ARE
We are Design Studios, an in-house creative agency comprised of cutting-edge professionals creating premium designs. We are a global, multi-disciplinary team of design strategists, creative leaders, and digital experts.
We craft powerful design stories for BCG, which seeks to deliver inspiring solutions to our clients’ challenges. As part of BCG, Design Studios partners with consultants and clients to shape our brand by elevating our work through the power of design.
We offer guidance and orientation through a strategic and audience-centric approach, and apply design, technology, and media solutions to take BCG’s achievements to the next level.
We’re creating a new creative team in our new Costa Rican BCG office. This is an opportunity to be part of the pioneering first wave of the team, helping create the local flavour of the Design Studios Culture.
You will be closely collaborating with our wider regional team across central and north America. As well as engaging with the global Design Studios team world-wide.
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society.
As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next.
We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Knowledge BCG consists of the Knowledge Team (KT), Data & Research Services (DRS) and Knowledge & Collaboration Solution (KCS).
KT is a group of experts within respective fields or areas providing industry, functional and geographic expertise to consulting teams.
KT members are aligned to Practice Areas, sometimes serving as members of case or project teams. KT offers insight into a topic or function derived from BCG’s knowledge base and case / project experience.
The members of our DRS team work alongside consulting team colleagues to bring advanced research capabilities to support projects and clients.
KCS team is a cross-functional team equipping BCGers with internal and external knowledge resources and digital collaboration tools, enabling them to work smarter and with increased productivity