Production Design Manager, Design Scaled Services
The Amazon Design Scaled Services (DSS) team is looking for a talented and customer-focused Production Design Manager to join the creative service team based in San José, Costa Rica.
DSS is the internal design team that supports Campaign & Creative Services within Amazon Advertising managing creative content across multiple platforms.
The team insists on the highest standards and presents Amazon customers with timely, relevant, and beautiful advertising that enhances their shopping experience.
DSS applies strategic insights to delight customers - driving discovery, engagement and trust.
Do you have a successful record of accomplishment as a design team manager? Are you passionate about defining scalable processes?
As a Production Design Manager at Amazon Advertising, you will lead a team of designers, the design of scalable campaigns, define and build digital experiences for brands across Amazon network, platform and products.
You will lead with example and will be responsible to build, coach and mentor high-class design teams for developing best-in-class consumer experiences in a fast-paced, agile, dynamic multinational environment.
Prior experience in an agency or media environment leading teams in the creation of advertisements for global brands is required.
Additionally, you should have a self-starter attitude, proven team leadership, an ability to create goals and strategy at scale, and an excellent ability to communicate.
Open to current L5 employees*
Key job responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations : Direct manager of a team of graphic designers, support on resource planning, staffing, quality control, and reporting
- Oversee the hiring & training : manage new team members onboarding and support overall team development with the support of creative leads.
Utilize strategic thinking to plan / develop team and site growth to support data delivery.
- Operational efficiency : Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a regular basis
- Continuous Improvement : Collect, track, & present metrics related to processes, team accuracy and efficiency, and drive improvements in efficiency, throughput and cost across the organization.
Continuously evaluate tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable.
- 3+ year in a lead or management position for a design or creative related team. Having direct reports or direct reports responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in design, operations, or related field experience.
- Strong and proficient spoken and written / speaking English communication skills.
- Experience in design, digital production, and project management of print and digital advertising products throughout product lifecycle.
- Thorough knowledge of design practices, tools, and standards.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external stakeholders in a professional manner, maintaining effective written and oral skills.
- Exceptional computer skills using Mac publishing platforms, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and other graphic programs.
- To approve the required assessment, evaluated by Hiring Manager's discretion.
- Mastery of the principals of design, color theory, typography and graphics file creation optimized for digital media.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work with technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience supporting creative to international markets.
- Experience working in an agency environment with high-level brands. Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders :
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her / his team
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big