Search DevOps Engineer
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone from emerging artists to global brands everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity.
We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Over the last few years, a complete ground-breaking new platform came to life at Adobe. Search Platform that powers search, discovery and recommendations functionalities in Adobe Clouds such as Creative Cloud product, Adobe Stock Marketplace, Experience Cloud, Document Cloud, Adobe HelpX and more came to existence.
Search platform caters to dozen of product integrations, millions of users and billions of entities. Search Platform has been rapidly growing in adoption and infrastructure footprint, with various innovative initiatives involving BigData, NoSQL, Machine Learning and other major evolving data technologies.
Become part of this growing team at Adobe Search and Sensei Org to have outstanding impact by providing search, browse, machine learning and recommendation across the Adobe.
How can you participate?
In pursuit of this bold venture, we are looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to build, re-architecting, lead this extensive infrastructure in 4 regions across the world and 2 different cloud providers with the latest Reliability Engineering and DevOps practices.
Key Responsibilities :
- Work at the intersection of engineering and operations of Search & Discovery products at Adobe.
- Work on large scale search index setup, setting up real-time messaging & data ingestion platforms, NO-SQL databases, web services & orchestration services and more.
- Work on setting up cloud based technologies to enable Search platform at Adobe.
- Maintain and optimize search engine, identify new ideas to evolve it, develop new features and benchmark possible solutions, in terms of performance and feasibility.
- Build Search & Sensei using technologies such as Elastic Search, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Hadoop, HBase, Apache Spark, MongoDB, Caching Solutions, Web services, NO-SQL technologies, Terraform, Jenkins and more.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to help support product development needs.
- Work on designing and building highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions, rolling out Security features in the cloud, architect and cost optimization of infrastructure and bring best of the open source into Adobe Search & Sensei World is needed as well.
The goal is that this team provides one click set up from all the development of existing and newer projects. This role is not looking for candidates that have worked on release engineering only.
What one need to succeed
- B.S. in Engineering
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in industry
- Experience in building, deploying and managing infrastructures in public clouds (AWS, Azure)
- Excellent programming (Perl / Python / Ruby / Shell / Go / Java) and automation skills
- Exposure to set up large scale databases, performance tuning
- Exposure to running, scale any NO-SQL technologies like Elastic Search, Kafka, HBase, MongoDB, Apache Spark etc.
- Exposure to of Linux / Unix System Administration experience
- Experience with Git, Perforce, and Jenkins, exposure to cloud / virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge of Cloud well architected frameworks, cloud design principals