Position at Wind River
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to help the world’s leading technology companies power mission-critical intelligent systems.
Our software is enabling the new machine economy and accelerating digital transformation across industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, industrial, medical, and telecommunications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The thing is, the best people are everywhere, and they often aren’t considering a career move. This is where Talent Sourcers come in.
Talent Sourcers are the detectives of Wind River’s Talent Acquisition Team, scouring the internet, identifying and reaching out to connect with people to pique their interest in Wind River.
Sourcing is more than sitting day in and day out on everyone’s favorite business networking site, building pipelines of passive candidates : it’s a valued technical craft that marries a deep desire to understand people and their motivations with the tenacity to find them and engage with them in the best way.
You’ll be partnering directly with our global Talent Acquisition team to develop search strategies, perform market mapping research, and execute hiring mandates.
This role requires critical thinking, problem-solving, depth of craft knowledge, energy to experiment, grit, and creativity;
building a deep understanding of Wind River’s product and go-to-market approach will be critical in this role as you will be working on a variety of roles, across teams.
- Researching future Wind River employees using LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, OSINT, News Sources, Professional and Social Networks, Conferences, etc.
- Coming up with, and executing on, creative ways to source and engage new candidates.
- Identifying and evaluating new data mining tools to be used to accelerate your work.
- Continually answering the question, who should we be reaching out to .
- Projects related to improving the sourcing of craft
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
Experience with talent sourcing as a craft. You understand that this is not a band-aid or a quick-fix sort of role. You’ve lived the experience, tried out the hacks, and unearthed the candidate's no one knew about.
You understand the power of a pivot and can identify which candidates should be considered for which roles at which times.
- Dedication to building diverse teams. You understand that a diverse team outperforms a homogeneous team and that it takes active work to build a diverse pool of candidates.
- Curiosity about people and their motivations. You want to know not just what people do, but why / how they do it and how that might be transferable to Wind River.
- Constant prioritization and a sense of urgency. You know how to work with multiple competing priorities, shift focus as needs or requirements change, and manage the expectations of those you work with.
- Technical fluency. You have a deep appreciation for the way technology makes work better and are comfortable learning / using different tools to accomplish a goal.
- Methodical and goal-driven approach. You look for ways to break a problem down into smaller parts, work backward from the desired outcome, and iterate based on what you’ve learned.
Total addressable market, conversion rates, and LinkedIn Dark Matter are all familiar topics when searching.
Comfort with autonomy. You know that you don’t have all the answers, but you are pretty sure that you can find them. You enjoy the freedom of self-directed work and relish the chance to figure things out for yourself.
The prospect of working digital by design is exciting to you.