Canada Payroll Specialist
San Jose, Costa Rica
Attributes and Experience Required :
- Bachelor’s degree in any related course or High School Diploma
- With at least 3 to 5 years experience in Canadian payroll processing
- US and Latin America payroll experience preferred but not required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred but not required
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll rules and processing.
- Multi-lingual skills preferred but not required : English with Spanish
- Strong communication, collaboration, and time management
- Assertive action and decision-making skills.
- Self-advancement skills to develop own effectiveness
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include :
- Ability to reconcile pre-processing reports to ensure accuracy of information prior to processing payroll.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and / or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Maintains payroll information, files, and records to provide up-to-date references and audit trails for compliance.
- Analyze payroll-related information to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Knowledge of Canadian forms TD1, PD1, ROE’s, PDOC. Year-end forms - T4, RL1, T2200
- Knowledge of processing Canadian Payrolls