Description : Job Summary
Under the general supervision of the Logistical Services Coordinator, the Storekeeper is responsible for ordering, receipt, storage and issuance of a high volume of varied supplies requiring moderately complex storage practices of the central warehouse which serves the maintenance and operation staff of Facilities Development & Operations.
- Inputs data into computer system for maintaining and identifying inventory, processing order requests, updating order information and tracking of shipments
- Researches, identifies, and locates available supplies, parts and equipment to restock store, provide items for repair orders, and support facility operational needs.
Methods include but are not limited to phone, email, and web order use
- Provides customer service at counter / window or phone for order collection and parts distribution
- Inventories and updates item count for accuracy and coordination of computer system
- Monitors and tracks equipment repairs for return-to-service dates
- Unlocks and secures areas for storage and access of materials
- Initiates requisition order to replenish stock and purchase supplies for various Trade shops
- Operates pick-up truck, forklift, pallet jacks, hand carts, and electric utility carts for the transport of materials, parts, and supplies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of storekeeping methods and practices including packing and shipping a wide of commodities
- General knowledge of buying procedures relative to location sources for particular items.
- Ability to prepare simple reports
- Reconcile invoices electronically through DocuSign
- Use of Google Docs and WebTMA
- Two years of experience in a storeroom or warehouse performing work involving the receipt, storage and issuance of a variety of supplies, materials, tools and equipment
- Prospective applicants who have not had the experience listed may be considered eligible based on other evidence of meeting the above minimum qualifications
A valid driver's license is required for this position. Out of state candidates selected for the position must obtain a State of California driver's license within 10 days of hire in accordance with the California Department of Motor Vehicles regulations.
Once hired the employee must successfully complete the Defensive Driver Training Program provided by the State of California for California State University campuses.
- Experience in technology, including but not limited to computers, tablets, mobile apps, GoogleDocs and Excel
- Experience and / or knowledge relative to establishment and maintenance of a stock level control procedure, such as minimum / maximum quantities, reorder points, volume turnover, storage justifications
- Experience in any of the skilled trades (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- CSU experience
Classification : Storekeeper I
Anticipated Hiring Range : $3,800 / month - $4,335 / month
CSU Hiring Range : $2,912 / month - $4,964 / month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the .
This position is open until filled.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents :
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so.
Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment.
The system wide policy can be found at and questions may be sent to .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and / or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes : criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and / or credit check may be required.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting.
SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification :
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming.
The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years.
A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at or by email at .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at .
The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus.
A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at or by email at .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).